Hermitage covenants state that you MUST get approval in writing for certain modifications to your property BEFORE work begins. This approval is obtained by submitting your project to Elite Housing Management for review.
|Neglecting this step can result in fines of up to $500 AND having to pay for the removal of your modification if not compliant!|
The above forms guide you to provide answers needed to expedite the review process. Elite will begin a review for you based on your submitted form. However, if any question on the form cannot be answered using the available choices, you need to submit a standard Review below.
For All Other Reviews: Use your Elite Online Portal to submit a standard review.
|Why require reviews?|
Architectural reviews allow your HOA to prevent property modifications that could have a negative impact on property values and to ensure compliance with our covenants. This will also avoid putting a homeowner in jeopardy of having to pay for the removal of noncompliant modifications.
|What to expect:|
After you start a new Architectural Review (or Elite begins one for you), Elite may request additional documents if needed for the review. Once received, Elite notifies your Hermitage Architectural Committee to review and they send their recommendation to your Hermitage Board of Directors to make a final decision. You will receive a decision in writing within 30 days after all requested documents are submitted.
Reviews are required for but not limited to:
- addition or alteration to the exterior of your home or structure.
- additional structures such as a fence, shed, gazebo, or pool.
- modification to a structure that would change its function, or its appearance as viewed by neighboring properties.
- any project that could negatively affect drainage to another property.
- any work that could result in large commercial vehicles, storage/waste bins, or PODS being temporarily located within Hermitage.
This guidance also applies to maintenance & restoration projects
Examples of projects requiring review: constructing fence, shed, gazebo, or pool; replacing roof; extending driveway; adding fence gate; changing trim, door, or fence color or style
Examples of projects that do NOT require review: replacing a/c unit; repainting doors or trim w/same color; replacing fence pickets w/same style; staining fence with an approved stain
Landscaping projects only need review if the project:
- involves addition of a raised structure such as a pergola.
- could negatively affect drainage to another property.
- could result in large commercial vehicles or storage/waste bins being temporarily located within Hermitage.
- could eventually obstruct traffic signs or corner sight lines.
|Not sure if your project requires review? Email our Architectural Committee|